Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fun Weekend


It's been a fun weekend and I'm sad to see it go. On Friday night, Matt and I did dinner and a movie for the first time in about six months! We saw Gran Torino, and I have to say that I was disappointed. They talked it up on the radio and it was getting good reviews. I had also heard from others that it was good, so, unfortunately I had high expectations, only to be let down.

The story itself was good, but I wasn't impressed with the acting, especially Clint Eastwood. It was also slow moving. By the middle, my attention was definitely drawn in, and I did cry, but in my opinion, it was more of a red box rental, and not Oscar worthy.

On Saturday night I met some friends at Archiver's for a "Mania". To those of you out there who don't scrapbook, an Archiver's Mania is where you scrapbook from 5pm-11pm and they feed you dinner, have door prizes, etc. It had been awhile since I had been to one of those, and it was fun to catch up with my friend Kim that I used to work with at Archiver's. My sister-in-law Katie and friend Ashley were also there. I did a lot more talking that scrap booking, but that's often the case as I'm sure many of you already know!

No comments:

Post a Comment