Sunday, February 15, 2009
Valentine's Day with Kyla's Class
On Friday, I left work early to attend Kyla's Valentine's party at school. They didn't actually need any helpers, but since I've gotten to know her teacher pretty well (we requested her, she was Paige's 1st grade teacher and is FABULOUS), I asked if I could come. So, I got to watch all the kids distribute Valentines and just hang out. I even got to meet and chat with Colby's mom. Colby is a little boy in Kyla's class that is fighting Leukemia and hasn't been well lately. He hasn't been to school in awhile because he has been back in the hospital. He was released this past week, but hasn't been able to come back to school. His parents brought him to school for the party, and even though he couldn't sit at his desk, you could see what a difference it made for him just to be around his classmates again. Please keep Colby in your thoughts and prayers...



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment