Tonight it was just me and the girls again, Matt had a church council meeting (last night he was at school), so we decided to get going on Valentines. Target's Valentine's Day isles were very busy, which I HATE, especially with a cart and indecisive girls. If one changed their mind, the other would change their mind.
They finally decided on dog and puppy/kitten Valentines- safe for girls AND boys. But poor Paige still struggled with the right Valentines to give the boys she didn't like. She thinks that there should be a line of Valentines that say things like "Happy Valentine's Day- NOT". And I have to admit, I too would have a hard time giving boys cards like "Valentine, you're cute as a kitten!" and "It's Puppy Love, Valentine!". She ran out of her favorite "Throw me a bone, Valentine!". It brought me back to the days when I "read into" what the Valentine that the boy I liked gave me, or how gross it was to get a Valentine that said "Be mine, Valentine!" from the kid that picked their nose and then ate it. Oh to be in 4th grade again..

I totally remember those days, too! I always "read-into" what each Valentine said, too, even though every Valentine in every pack says something "cute-sie". :p Ah, those were the days... j/k
ReplyDeleteYou are bringing back some goofy memories for me. I remember getting a Valentine from a boy in about 6th grade and it said something like "Let's clown around". I thought he might like me because of that. But I'm sure others got that same Valentine from him. Us girls, we read into everything, don't we?
ReplyDelete