Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How we celebrated Valentine's Day...

We had a fun family day on Saturday to celebrate Valentine’s Day. First, we went to see “The Gruffalo” at The Children’s Theatre. In my opinion, it was geared more towards 3-6 year olds, but it was still very entertaining for all of us and the actors were just amazing! After wards we ate at Rudolph’s Bar-B-Que. It was only 3:30pm, but we ate a late breakfast and skipped lunch, so we were all starving. Matt and the girls had never been to Rudolph’s and it had been years since I had eaten there. It’s less than a block away from my parent’s old deli on Franklin and Lyndale in South Minneapolis, and amazingly enough, they still have the same owner! My dad didn’t get along too well with him, so when I asked if Jimmy still owned the place, I was SO thankful that the waiter didn’t ask me how I knew him! We had perfect timing because as we were leaving, the Valentine’s rush was just beginning. After a wonderful meal, we headed to Movie Gallery to rent a few movies. When we got home we watched Kung Fu Panda and ate popcorn. Then, once the girls went to bed, Matt and I watched The Secret Life of Bees, which we really enjoyed.





No comments:

Post a Comment