Sunday, February 8, 2009

Food Network Inspiration


Last night I went out for dinner with a friend, and while I was gone, my family watched the Food Network for an extended period of time. Apparently they were inspired, because I came home to 10 dozen cookies and a brand new Kitchen Aid mixer.

Now, Matt knows my frugal mind, so he wanted to put it at ease by stating that he saved 10% by signing up for a Target Red Card.

I hate using the word "cheap" to describe myself, but I rarely have an easy time spending money. It is actually something that brings me intense anxiety. I don't pay full price, I clip coupons, shop around for the best deal, go to garage sales- anything to save money and use money wisely. Matt has no problem calling me cheap- and I do admit to purchasing generic brands and clearance items. I also use things till they completely die- we finally got a new TV in our bedroom just last year, the one we had in there I got for my 18th birthday. My latest excuse is that I'm a true Scot- and I am at least 25% Scottish. I had no idea that the Scots are well known for their frugality and practicality- so there ya go- it's in my blood, I can't help it!

As stressed out as I originally was learning the price of the new mixer, I will admit that the finicky ancient hand mixer that was my grandmother’s had to go. And if this means that Matt and the girls cook and bake more- I will embrace our new mixer…

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have always wanted a mixer like that but we are too cheap and for the amount of baking that gets done, well, it would see more dust than dough. You are lucky! I'm not much of a coupon clipper but I do like to buy clothes at second hand stores. This week I got Nivya a swimsuit, sandals AND pink converse high tops. I feel like I can justify frivolous things when they aren't new.

    ReplyDelete