
I’ve been a little distracted, well, more like possessed these past few weeks. The culprit is the Twilight series, and from what I understand, this phenomenon is quite common. Every person I’ve talked to that’s read these books can empathize with my inability to put them down. I had heard about the Twilight series, and knew about the movie, but I thought it was just for teenagers. Plus, stories about vampires don’t interest me very much.
However, when Paige took an interest in reading the books, I did a little research. I found out that the books, depending on her maturity level, would be appropriate. I heard about some of the adult themes in the last book though and started to feel guilty for not reading them all first. Paige hadn’t gotten very far into the first book when I decided that I had better be a more informed parent and start reading! It only took a couple of pages and I was hooked. I only have a little bit left of the fourth and final book (which I am trying to savor) and then I am done with the epic romance between Edward and Bella. I also read the draft of Edward’s version of the first book on-line, bought the movie, and will admit that I bought the soundtrack to the movie on I-Tunes last night. I am completely and utterly pathetic, I wonder if I should seek out a support group..
We had a fun fourth. Our neighbors down the street had a little get together which we attended. A lot of money was invested in illegal fireworks from Wisconsin, so we watched a great show without having to go anywhere!

You are too FUNNY!! I have the SAME problem with Twilight!! I have read ALL of the books and I could not put them down! I read Twilight 2x's. My neighbor and I saw the movie in the theater and we can't wait for New Moon to be out in Nov!! Eclipse starts filming next month!! I love the story-love Edward =)You have to watch the trailers for the movies! I have the movie too!! YEAH!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah- I've found another obsessed fan!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi mom!
ReplyDelete