Yesterday I had a baby shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Jessica. Jessica and my brother Lionel will be exchanging vows on Friday June 19th. They are expecting a little boy on August 20th. Even though they both have children from prior relationships, they are both um-employed and have little for a new baby, so I wanted to show my support by hosting a shower for them- it was so much fun!
It was also my birthday, and my brother and Jessica wanted to take me to the Joyful Noise Family Fest outdoor concert. So, after the shower, my mom stayed with the girls while Matt and I spent the rest of the day at the Blaine Sports Center. We saw Josh Wilson, PFR, Chris Sligh, Tenth Avenue North, Lincoln Brewster and Mercy Me (below). I don't think I've ever been to a more powerful concert, or a concert where the bands sounded better live! It was awesome, and what a beautiful day. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!!

You didn't tell me that you saw PFR---I love them!! They came into the Bakers Square that I worked at in college and I kind of freaked out, so they gave me their autograph and called me their "biggest fan". They ended up coming into B.S. every day for the next two weeks (b/c they were recording an album at a studi down the street) and every time they'd walk in the restuarant, they'd say "Where's Katie, our biggest fan?!" and I would blush like crazy. It was SO COOL!! (Yes, I am a dork.) :)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete