Friday, March 13, 2009

Lots going on...

It's been awhile since I've written here, I just haven't had the time, much less the energy to blog. I will start out by talking about yesterday. My dad had cataract surgery at the VA in the morning, so I took the day off to be with him there. I couldn't believe how unbelievably fast everything went. We got there early and he was almost immediately taken back, then before I knew it, it was all over! I have never seen that kind of "service" in a hospital before! Everything went smoothly, and by noon I was taking my "pirate" father home. He recovered quickly and we spent the afternoon chatting. I couldn't believe that he had no pain and felt so good.

I spoke too soon though, because he had some complications that evening and at 12:30am this morning, we were driving back to the VA Hospital. Everything turned out fine in the end, it was just a strange reaction to the anesthesia that was used during the surgery. My sister took him back this morning for his post op appointment and he got a clean bill of health. He said that his sight has already improved significantly, oh the wonders that we take for granted with modern medicine. Elizabeth couldn't believe how fast they were in and out of there either! Not that I would ever want my Dad to have surgery, but it was nice to see him and catch up.

OK, I'm going to backtrack a little bit here. Wednesday night Paige was in a production of Kind Midas and the Golden Touch- she was the "Court Advisor". She did a fabulous job, as always. The whole cast was great! Here are some pictures;

Paige & Kyla


Paige & her good friend Mikayla


Enter the Court Advisor..








Paige's solo: "Donkey Ears"

No comments:

Post a Comment