"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man (or woman, I guess dear old Ben thought that women didn't need to be better, as they were perfect the way they were, right?).
-Benjamin Franklin
Happy New Year everyone! Good bye double O's and hello new decade that I don't know what to call. We had nice holidays even though Christmas Day had to be re-scheduled with the Ouimets due to the weather. It actually worked out for the best because I was miserable with a cold and spent half of the day sleeping. I jinxed myself because I had just told a co-worker that I rarely got sick.
I don't usually do New Year's resolutions, but I am always trying to work on the pieces of myself that I feel are negative and only lead to a spiral of self-deprecation, self pity and anger. I've come a long way, but I still have far to go and lots to learn. I have so much to be thankful for and I need to appreciate all that I have because I am truly blessed.
Here are some pictures from Christmas;
Christmas Eve with the Christensons:

Christmas Morn:
Christmas with the Ouimets:

American Girl doll christmas... how fun! The girls look very happy. Hope you are well. Guess we never connected last year to pick up the GS cookies, but it is probably time to order again. Can we schedule a visit around cookie delivery time? I'll come your way some night. I'd love to see you again.
ReplyDelete