So what's been going on since I posted last? Well, mainly holiday parties and my annual birthday date with Danny. Here are a couple of photos from our neighbor's party:

Like I mentioned, I took Danny out for his birthday last weekend. We ate dinner in Dinkytown and then shopped for his birthday present. Even though the aftermath of seeing him is always hard (translation: the missing him and thinking of him becomes overwhelming for a few days), it's ALWAYS worth it because I get to see snap shots of the boy he has become on a more personal, less superficial level. You see, in many ways we're strangers. I only see him two or three times a year, and during those times I usually spend more time talking to his parents and catching up with them. So, this annual date allows me to truly get to know who he has become, and even though I may be biased, he's a pretty neat kid! He does well in school, sports, but most importantly, he's kind and thoughtful. He has a very authentic soul, and to me, that's what matters.
Here we are:

No comments:
Post a Comment