Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm still around..

Yes, I know it's been an eternity since I've blogged, but there has been too much going on and I feel as though I've barely had time to breathe! With the end of plays and tournaments, come the beginnings of spring sports- volleyball for Paige and soccer for Kyla. The weekends also seem to be full of activities and it seems like life has just been a blur.

Last weekend we went to Matt's family's annual "Hunter Girls" reunion in Detroit Lakes. The Hunter girls are Matt's grandma Peggy Sanner (Hunter being her maiden name) and Matt's grandma's sister Eleanor Norland. These sisters have been getting together with their families on an annual basis since the eighties. Sadly Peggy's sister Eleanor passed away in 1998 and then her husband passed away last summer. I feel lucky to have known both of them. I hope some day my two girls will have their own "Christenson Girls" annual reunions, I think they need to get along though first..

Here are some pictures..

The treat table


Kyla


Paige & Abby- third cousins


Too much explanation needed here, use your imagination.


Cousins playing games..


The Chris Christenson family in the hot tub


Third cousins that quickly became best friends..


Elli & Paige


Kyla & Maddie watching the Kid's Choice Awards


Paige, Abby, Elli & Baby Rebecca watching the awards


All of Peggy & Floyd Sanner's great grandchildren! Three more on the way this year..

1 comment:

  1. HI there. Fun to get caught up on your life again here. Don't worry about the cookies... just whenever you're in town is fine. I'd love to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete